We champion and promote the widest possible use of sustainable resources in our work, as well as striving to fulfil the ever increasing demands made by consumers to offer a wide choice of environmentally friendly products.
‘Two Sides’ are an organisation who promote the sustainability of the Graphics Communication Supply chain and dispel common environmental misconceptions by providing users with information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium.
As a member of Two Sides, we are keen to dispel some of the common myths of the printing industry and its effect on the environment. Here are our top 5 myths and the facts behind them:
- MYTH – Making paper always destroys forests.
FACT – Paper production actually supports sustainable forest management.
- MYTH – Planted forests are bad for the environment.
FACT – Well managed planted forests support sustainable development.
- MYTH – Paper is bad for the environment.
FACT – Paper is one of the few truly sustainable products.
- MYTH – Print and paper is a wasteful product.
FACT – Paper is one of the most recycled products in the world.
- MYTH – Electronic communication is more environmentally friendly than print and paper.
FACT – Not necessarily. E-Media also has environmental impacts.